- Why Us
- About Us
- Why Us
- About Us
- Contact Us
BY DAVID MYRICK, OWNER
It’s no secret that mold can cause respiratory health problems, but in recent years The World Health Organization (WHO) has released even more information on the dangers of mold inhalation.
What makes mold especially tricky is its inconsistent effects. Many people are allergic to mold and only suffer minor reactions. Other people can end up with severe lung infections, which can be fatal in extreme cases. The effects can vary significantly from person to person.
One of the most fascinating (and disturbing) aspects of the WHO report was that every person reacts to mold differently. What’s worse is you won’t know how you will react until you encounter it.
For some people, mold is toxic. For others, it is merely an allergen. And for a small percentage of the population, it can cause a mold infection in the lungs.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) clarifies that mold is a respiratory hazard, no matter who you are.
Mold is not good for anyone, but some people can breathe in large amounts of mold without suffering any significant issues. Other people can suffer severe reactions from brief exposure.
One good analogy is a cup. Everyone’s body has a cup that can hold up to a certain quantity of mold. Once it fills up and overflows, you have problems. Everyone has a different-sized cup, and there is really no way of knowing how big your cup is until you are having a reaction.
While anyone can have an allergic reaction to mold, certain people are more likely to suffer from a mold-related lung infection. The people at the highest risk for a mold infection in their lungs are immunocompromised or otherwise have weakened immune systems.
People who suffer from respiratory issues are also at higher risk of having severe reactions to mold. While allergy sufferers tend to get hit with worse than average symptoms, asthmatic individuals have an even worse time. Some studies even link the condition to exposure to mold.
While you cannot know for sure whether you are having a reaction to mold, if you have been exposed and are having symptoms, consult a doctor. As with anything else, they will be in the best position to identify the issue and administer any treatments.
Most allergic reactions to mold are not severe and decrease when the mold is no longer present. Some people, particularly those in the previously mentioned categories, can have life-threatening reactions, though. A physician will be able to determine the best course of action and might even save your life.
A variety of factors can cause mold, but moisture tends to be a common thread. Moisture can fuel mold growth on virtually any surface. One way to reduce the likelihood of mold is to fix leaks immediately, whether it be your pipes, your roof, or your basement.
Ultimately, mold is not a sign of an unclean or unsafe environment. It is just an organism that likes to grow where it’s moist, but it can still cause you some major problems. At Valor Mold Removal, we know how to remove mold and prevent it from coming back.
If your mold situation is minor and exclusively on nonporous surfaces, you may be able to remove it yourself. Even then, you must be highly diligent and follow the CDC recommended protocol precisely. If any invisible spores remain behind, you will still suffer allergic reactions, and you might even see your visible mold come back with a vengeance.
What if the mold is on a porous surface, such as wood, insulation, or upholstery? This is where we come in. At Valor Mold Removal, we know getting rid of mold from porous surfaces is not something that can be done with chemicals or cleaning supplies. You need a certified, knowledgeable technician to remove your mold-contaminated materials and remediate the remaining mold spores from your air and surfaces.
Every Valor Mold Removal technician is certified in specialized techniques for the complete removal of all mold spores and residue. We are meticulous to a fault and will remediate the mold in your home RIGHT.
We remove mold the right way… and it would be an honor to hear from you.
Fill out this form to contact us. We’ll follow up with 24 business hours.